Monday, January 30, 2012

1-30-12: Movie Mondays!

Hello my dear readers! Happy Monday!

As I was considering what movie to blog about today, I couldn't decide between a classic and a newbie. So... I flipped a coin(no joke). And our movie is....
not my image
The Princess Bride!
My all-time-favorite-movie-out-of-all-genres, I'd have to say. Yes, Facing the Giants, Courageous, Beastly, Tangled, The Christmas Card, and The Blind Side are all fantasic, but I'd have to say... Buttercup and Wesley's amazingly romantic/adventure-filled/cheesy story tops them all.
This story has something for everyone, I always say. Obviously, for the in-love-with-love types, there is the romance between a "princess" and farm boy/pirate. Does true love overcome everything, even death? If you follow this fairytale, it seems it may be so. Considering death cannot even stop these lovebirds.
But, this isn't just  movie based off a "kissing book", oh no. For those adventure/action lovers, there is the sword fighting, flips and tricks, fire swamp, R.U.S', a crazy death-machine(even though I've watched this movie 100+ times, I still close my eyes and turn down the volume on that part), and a giant. Oh, not to mention three maniacs storm the castle and stop a wedding by a priest who I'm certain is half monkey.


Why Should You See It: Who wouldn't want to see this movie, right?!?!?!
I mean seriously, even my brothers love this movie. They won't admit it, but every time I turn it on, they migrate into the living room ;) This incredible story has everything, for everyone! Action, adventure, romance, suspense, drama, it goes on and on! I don't care if you are thirteen or eighty, there will be something that will make you smile. :D


Why Shouldn't You See It: Okay, okay, okay! I'll admit it... this movie is cheesier than gouda. There is violence, some sensual content(only kissing, hugging and such), and foul language/behavior. The princess makes a claim to kill herself. Also, a Spaniard is dead-set(pun intended) on seeking revenge for his father's murder, and when he finally gets his chance, he doesn't pass it down. The same man swears, and gets intoxicated.

My Rating: It is an older film, and has a PG rating. Though, if it came out today, my guess would be it would earn a PG-13. I give it a A13+, for Ages 13 and Up.
Oh, and it gets a four and a half stars. It would have been five, but there is foul language, something I cannot condone.

not my image

But, don't take my word for it, go rent this film for yourself, I mean it!
(Anyone want a peanut? ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment