Thursday, October 7, 2010

10-7-10:The best feeling

You wanna know what I consider one of the best feelings in the world?
The love between a horse and a girl.

It is something that no one can fake, no one can duplicate. It is something rare, and something beautiful.
Today I went for my lesson and I had to bring in my favorite school horse, Leo. Now, I've told y'all about Leo before. He is a seven year-old, 1,800+ pound paint Tobiano and one of the sweetest horses I know(sometimes... lol).
Anyway, I opened the paddock and grabbed his lead rope. I called his name softly and his head picked up from the other end of the long gated area.
I stood at the other end and waited. I didn't wait long though.
He was staring right at me, we made eye contact and it held until he stopped trotting right in front of me. My heart was already swelling that he'd actually come when I called him, but I was sure it would burst out of my chest when he happily nudged me with his big nose and then planted a sloppy wet horsey kiss on my cheek.
Some people don't understand why I am so in love with horses. They don't get why I got a job bleaching buckets of all things this past summer JUST so I could be around the creatures. Surely, they all thought. She could find something better to do with her time.

Today, I fell head over heels in love.
Head of heels in love with a four legged animal that is.
And I would have it no other way.


Have a wonderful rest of your week!




1 comment:

  1. horses are pretty amazing. :) Tipper is one of the greatest boys at FOD.
    I just hope I can own a horse someday, and get a better match with the horses at FOD.... like Tipper, Lovie, or Bailey.

    ReplyDelete