Friday, June 4, 2010

6-4-10:SUMMER! FINALLY! YOU CAME!

YEA! YEA! YEA! YEA! (Come on, jump up and down, scream at the top of your lungs... you know you want too... summer is right around the corner!)
Finally, we can see it! Summer is almost here and I am SO excited for what the days ahead hold for me and my friends. :D :D
Biblestudy
youth group
mission trip
working at the stable

And those are just a few of the things that I cannot wait to start!
But, all this talk about summer has also got me thinking... clothes.
I don't know about you, but when I think summer clothes, I think shorts and swimsuits. Because that's just what everyone wears.
And... sometimes, they aren't that bad.
I luv my Bermuda shorts and tankinis. They are comfortable and modest.(yeah... I said it :D)
But seriously... do you ever feel nervous when summer finally does arrive? Do you really want to wear some of those shorts that have pockets that stick out two inches below the bottom of the short?(I've seen several of these already this year... yuck I know)
And do you really want to be seen in some of those swimsuits?(Like the ones that look more like... well, you know... they should be under your tee shirt and shorts... not the only thing you're wearing in public)
I know that I sometimes I start to flip out about what to wear in the summer. I have really(really) long legs, so shopping for clothes is always hard. Because sometimes, clothes that aren't supposed to be that short, actually are on me.(:P I know)
But, I recently learned a trick that I absolutely LUV! And... I'm going to share it with you.
Go to the store(walmart, target, kohls, ect.) and buy a pair of jeans or pants. Then, when you get home, put them on, and then... take a pen, perminant marker, or something like that and mark a line just about your knee. Do the same thing on the other leg. Then, take off the pants and grab a scissor. Lay the pants down on the floor and cut at the line.
What do you have now my dear readers? Bermuda shorts!!
Now, you can either roll the under and sew them so that they don't fray, or just leave them. That's what I do. Less work. lol
I luv doing this because, like I said before... shopping for summer clothes are never fun. When I get the right length, they are too big around my waist, when I get the right size, they are too short. It's a total pain. BUT this way, I can get the waist size right, and then make the shorts any length I want. :D

Summer is coming... are you going to flip out about your wardrobe? Or... look that bright yellow sun with the super cool black sunglasses in the eyes(Not litrally btw... if you look the sun in the eyes, you'll go blind) and say, "you don't scare me anymore!"?
Summer is either a dream come true or a nightmare, for 2010... what is it going to be for you?
Have a completely WONDERFUL summer!!!! Stay busy, but remember to enjoy everything God has given you a chance to do!!
God is great! Summer is almost here... what could be a better moment to just sing out, "Thank-you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Have an amazing summer everyone,




No comments:

Post a Comment