Thursday, May 6, 2010

5-6-10: One Girl CAN Change the World

Heylo everyone!
Just last month I started reading this bible study book called, One Girl Can Change the World, By. Claudia Mitchell and Kim Goad. I'm not that far into it, but it is already one of my favorite books.
The reason I started reading this book is because this summer I'm hosting a bible study at my house for my close friends and I. I spent a few months searching our Christian bookstores until I finally found this one... and I just immediately felt drawn to it.
I think that in the back of every girl's mind, we do want to leave an impact on the world. We want to leave a stamp, showing that yes... we did exist. At least I know... that I do.
I talked with two of my best friends about the book and they've both agreed that this one is definatly perfect for our summer bible study, we're all about to head into the HS scene and we want to,
1. Stay grounded in our faith as peer presure gets stronger
2. Grow even closer than we are now (If that is even possible... lol)
3. Be a leader! (And not the bad kind)

WHICH, is exactly what this book teaches about. Figuring out your leadership style(s), using your passions for a purpose, carrying out our missions with confidence(!), and finding a good mentor and then, being one.

At the top of my blog, there is a bible verse that I have definatly chosen to live by this year, and hopefully the rest of my teen years. It is 1 Timothy 4:12. I found this verse at the begginging of 2010, but wasn't surprised when I refound it in this book.

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.*

I have chosen this verse to be my life verse, I do want to(with ALL my heart and soul) to set an example for other believers(whether they are at the stable, church, or the grocery store(remember, I'm homeschooled) ) in speech(being wise in choosing my words and tone), in life(the choices I make, such as my friends and how my time is spent each day), in love(not just romantic love, but loving my friends and family the way God loves me, unconditionally), in faith(My youth pastor and youth mentors have drilled into me that it doesn't matter how young you are, you can still have a strong, confident faith.), and in purity(mind and body).

So, to end this post I encourage all teen girls to go to your local Christian book store(or find it online) and buy this book! Even if you just want to do it on your own, in your own time, it is still one of the best bible study books you will find for sure!



*Thank-you www.biblegateway.com for the bible verse!

No comments:

Post a Comment