Monday, May 10, 2010

5-10-10:Jesus Take The Wheel

This title is two things.

1. A Song title by Carrie Underwood
2. Something we should be asking God everyday before we get out of bed.(So, a prayer.)

First, we'll look at the song....

She was driving last Friday on her way to Cincinnati
On a snow white Christmas Eve
Going home to see her mama and her daddy with a baby in the back seat
Fifty miles to go and she was running low, on faith and gasoline
It had been a long hard year
She had a lot on her mind and she didn't pay attention
She was going way too fast
Before she knew it she was spinning on a thin black sheet of glass
She saw both her lives flash before her eyes
She didn't even have time to cry
She was so scared
She threw her hands up in the air

Jesus take the wheel, take it from my hands
'Cause can't do this on my own.
I'm letting go,
So give me one more chance,
Save me from this road I'm on,
Oh... Jesus take the wheel

...



This song is one of my favorites right now, and I'm about to tell you why.

No matter what we think, we do not control our lives. The world may be screaming, "TAKE CONTROL!" but, we can't. We are not in complete control of our lives. God is.
Instead of screaming, "I NEED TO GET CONTROL!" We need to be praying, "Jesus, take control of my life forever and always."
"Jesus! Take the wheel! Take the wheel of my life and control it forever!"
I listen to this song all the time, and just love it. It reminds me to let God take the wheel, and everything will be alright in the end. :D
Live will be SO much easier if we just agree with God instead of fight him for the power to control our lives. We need to give our life wheel over to him, and trust me... even though at times we may get upset and angry at something he is doing, a few years down the road... we will realize why he did that, and (hopefully!!!) we'll thank him for the lesson he taught us during that hard time.

So, every morning I'm going to start saying (before I even get out of bed), "Jesus, please take the wheel of my life today and I will trust every turn you make. I love you, amen."
Will you join me? Just... try it for this week, and see what happens. Your days just might go a lot smoother when you put God in the top spot.

Have a completely wonderful Monday!!! You are all awesome and thank-you so much for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment